Wrest Point Tasmania
With panoramic views of Mount Wellington and the Derwent River Wrest Point has been an iconic entertainment, conference and accommodation destination for over 35 years. Located just outside Hobart’s busy CBD on absolute waterfront, guests to the property enjoy modern and spacious surrounds, a range of dining and entertainment options, and fantastic conference and banqueting facilities.Click here
to find out more about Wrest Point.
- Who do we employ?
- Never worked in hospitality before? Don’t worry!
We employ over 700 people, from all backgrounds and with all manner of skills and experience. Perhaps you’re looking for casual work while studying, to build a career in hospitality or maybe you want to try something completely different – the chances are we have what you’re looking for!
All of our employment opportunities have a common requirement – a passion for customer service! This includes roles in: Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Cleaning, Kitchens – Chefs, Cooks and Kitchen Hands, Porters, Front Office and Security. Positions in accounting, sales and marketing, customer service and events co-ordination are also career options you may wish to consider.
- When do we employ?
- Like most employers in hospitality/tourism, our need to recruit fluctuates; however, we are interested in hearing from people throughout the year. If we don’t have a vacancy you are interested in right now, we may have one in a few months, weeks or days!
- Working with us
- As part of the Federal Group, all employees at Wrest Point are eligible for a range of benefits including discounted accommodation rates at all of our properties across the State. We also provide access to an employee assistance programme for you and your family, and a range of discounted products and services including telecommunications, banking/financial services, and health and well-being.
At Wrest Point, we additionally provide uniforms and laundry service for many roles, and employees enjoy free duty meals in our canteen and onsite parking.
We do not provide employee accommodation however there are many options close to Wrest Point – we are located on a main bus route from the CBD and other suburbs.
The majority of Wrest Point employees working in frontline positions are covered by an Enterprise Agreement which determines wages and working conditions. Information on how the enterprise agreement is applied will be made available to you if you chose to apply for a position with us.
Wrest Point is committed to developing our future leaders from within and a comprehensive induction and orientation process supports a variety of training and development options offered to all our new team members. Many of our senior managers started out in casual food and beverage positions, supporting our front of house teams or cooking up a storm! We provide a range of different training and development initiatives to ensure you have the opportunity to develop new and existing skills, and work in different areas across our business.
- Prefer to talk to a recruiter?
- We welcome enquires in all forms, and you are welcome to contact our recruiters directly by phone.